Nov 12, 2010

#242 - CHINA - nixil

Wonderful card from the Suzhou Street - Summer Palace in Beijing.
The card was sent by nixil. Nixil wrote: "Suzhou is famous for its Private Gardens and always regard as the Oriental Venice. It's so beautiful. I love my hometown :)"

I'm sure that i already got cards from the Summer Palace in Beijing, but you know me and my mess :) I think it's time to reorder my postcard collection this winter!

The Summer Palace in Beijing – first built in 1750, largely destroyed in the war of 1860 and restored on its original foundations in 1886 – is a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design. The natural landscape of hills and open water is combined with artificial features such as pavilions, halls, palaces, temples and bridges to form a harmonious ensemble of outstanding aesthetic value.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/880

1 comment:

Haven House said...

Nice beautiful place for visit...